Eeee, I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Sibby at Siobhan’s Novelties! (“More like Thunderstorm Blogger Award,” jokes the husband. Sibby must have caught me on a good day, I suppose. :D)
The rules of the tag are simple.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules.
So far, what are your top three reads this year?
- The Queen’s Wing by Jessica Thorne
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (review to come)
- “Circus Girl, The Hunter, and Mirror Boy” by JY Yang (read it for free on Tor’s website, yippee!)
- I can’t get rid of this bullet point for some reason 😡
Which author would you do anything to see?
Monica Furlong (sadly deceased), who wrote the books Juniper and Wise Child. Both those books were a huuuuuuuge influence on me growing up, and I’d love to have the chance to let her know how much they mean to me.
What TV or movie adaptation are you eagerly wanting to watch?
TV and movie adaptations make me nervous, since the book is almost always better! But here are two I want to watch, if just out of pure (morbid) curiosity: the LotR Amazon remake, and There’s Someone Inside Your House.
What book are you looking forward to most?
If we’re talking unreleased books, The Babysitter’s Coven by Kate Williams looks very cool!
What type of post do you like writing?
The Short Tuesday posts I’ve been doing recently have been a lot of fun—especially since the Tor stories I’ve been reading recently have been excellent. I’m also loving going back through my first book, The Gold in the Dark, and getting each chapter ready to post. I wrote and edited the book several years ago now, so readying the chapters for publication has been like visiting an old friend. New chapters post every other Sunday at 11 AM EST, if you didn’t know!
Who is your latest OTP (one true pairing)?
Latest OTP? Not sure about that one, but Karigan and King Zachary from the Green Rider series have always been meant to be.
What is the last book that made you ugly cry?
This almost never happens—the last time I remember heartily crying for realsies was about five years ago while reading NOS4A2, since there was a character in imminent peril who reminded me of my husband. But a small amount of tears were shed while I read Light Years a year or two ago.
What is a series you haven’t finished yet but want to?
Ummm, all of them? Have you seen my TSOOSI post? Ha ha… I guess I’ll say the last Throne of Glass book.
If you could have any special edition book, which would it be?
A hard copy of The Interface Series by _9MOTHER9HORSE9EYES9. If you don’t know, this “book” was released sporadically in Reddit comments, and it’s super trippy. You can read it for free here, and I’m hopeful that there will eventually be a paperback or hardback edition that I can buy and cherish.
If you would rerewatch your favourite TV show or movie, which one would you choose?
Twin Peaks is always the correct answer.
What fictional pet/sidekick is your favourite?
The Disreputable Dog from Lirael.
This was so much fun! Here are my questions:
- Who is your favorite book villain?
- What would the two comps be for your perfect book? (Example: The Selection meets An Ember in the Ashes.)
- Do you prefer to read hard copies, ebooks, or audiobooks?
- Do you have a “reading spot”? Or will you pick up a book anywhere?
- What’s one book you can’t stop recommending to everyone?
- Which book have you reread the most?
- If you could play any one character in a TV/movie adaptation, who would it be?
- What’s the strangest book that you really enjoyed reading?
- What’s the last book that made you actually laugh out loud?
- What’s something about book blogging you think others should know?
- Which unreleased book are you looking forward to the most?
Happy Thursday, everybody!